This document walks participants through the steps necessary to onboard with the Labfront Companion App.
This guide is for those collecting data from only the Labfront Companion app.
- If you're collecting data from the Garmin Connect app in addition to the Labfront Companion app, please follow the onboarding steps outlined here.
Step 1: Download the Labfront Companion App
Download the Labfront Companion App, available on Android and iOS.
Step 2: Enter your Invite Code and Join Project
You should have already received a 6-character invite code from the researcher. Enter it and click Get Started.
You will be given a confirmation screen ensuring you're in the correct study, as well as a consent form. Click I Agree > Join Project.
Step 3: Set up your Device
For pairing success, make sure your smartwatch:
- Has battery life
- Is physically near your phone
- Has Bluetooth pairing mode on (your phone must also have Bluetooth enabled)
If you're using a Venu SQ, you must follow the steps below on your watch:
- Press and hold the bottom right button to access the menu
- Select > Phone > Pair Phone
From the home project screen, click the Set Up Your Device button.
Click Start > Select the device to pair > Link Device.
A 6-digit code will appear on your watch face. Enter it in the Labfront pop-up window.
Congratulations, you're all set 🎉!
Now that the setup process is complete, be sure to open the Labfront Companion app at least once a day to sync (depending on the instructions from your researcher).